Routematch by Uber is the leading provider of intelligent transit solutions (ITS) spanning demand response, fixed route, payment, mobility and on-demand transit solutions. We blend powerful technology and excellent service to equip transit agencies with the right tools to provide accessibility and mobility for every rider in their community. When everyone has access to transportation, individuals, communities, and societies thrive.
We're driving change in the transit world with new and improved products and top-notch service. We’re hiring energetic, positive professionals to contribute their talents and creativity to solutions that empower people to change their lives and get moving. Routematch is a place where you can honestly say “my work matters”.
We're hiring a Front-end Developer to join our team and work on building enterprise level web applications that enhance the customer experience.
As a Front End Web Developer, you’ll spend most of your time:
- Creating and supporting the development of responsive/adaptive web apps
- Work closely with the UXUI Designers to create high quality, innovative and intuitive user experiences in our products
Experience and skills needed for success:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in CS or Multimedia
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial, enterprise level web applications
- Proven experience creating beautiful, user and browser friendly UI / Web solutions
- Excellent front-end development skills with an eye for design and the ability to bring software to life from a UI/UX design
- Technical capacity to bridge the gap between design and web app development, with a focus on UX
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with complex, integrated solutions
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Proven experience developing single page applications using frameworks such as Angular.js, Vue.js, React.js or comparable, a demonstrable comprehension of data binding, application routing, and state management
- Implementation experience using package management and build tools such as NPM, Yarn and webpac; usage of transpiler tools in relation to ECMA/Script browser compatibility
- Experience implementing responsive/adaptive web apps from a design / UX wireframe
- Understanding of WCAG website compliance and accessibility needs
- Experience in developing for suitable resolutions and responsive/adaptive design
- Ability to develop for cross browser/device and functionally testing, code to a high standard
- Experience with test runner frameworks, including unit and e2e test suite development.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently under the direction of Tech Lead
Desired (but not essential) Experience and Skills
- Experience with TypeScript
- Full stack development using node.js frameworks such as Express.js, Hapi.js, Sails.js etc.
- Understanding and incorporating accessibility needs into web apps including WCAG, ARIA etc.
- Understanding of technical domains that include [but are not limited to] Continuous Integration, build systems, hosting and deployment.
Routematch by Uber Values
Routematch envisions a world where communities actively champion the dignity of individuals and move them toward their aspirations. We are inspired by change, and by each other.
Our culture is rooted in core values of Empathy, Inclusivity, Outcomes, Excellence, and Family, and is encapsulated in our value statements:
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
- Empathy is the Highest form of knowledge.
- Inclusivity is a superpower.
- Outcomes matter most.
- What is worth doing is worth doing well.
- Family is everything.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.