At Routematch by Uber, our mission is to build inclusive mobility ecosystems that leave no person behind. We are a leading provider of intelligent transit solutions (ITS) for transit agencies in North America and Australia, with technology that powers more than 35 million passenger rides per year. Our suite of products spans multiple modes of service—demand response, fixed-route, payments, and on-demand—helping transit agencies transform their communities through inclusive and accessible mobility.
Acquired by Uber in July, 2020, Routematch by Uber has 180+ "Transit Nerds" in offices in Atlanta, Waterford, Ireland, and Sydney, Australia that are passionate about driving community change through innovative technology. We believe that when everyone has access to transportation, individuals, communities, and societies thrive.
We’re hiring a Technical Support Specialist (TSS) for our front-line (Tier1) Customer Support Team. The position is based in a fantastic office in midtown Atlanta and allows a work-from-home schedule dependent upon performance. If you are technically adept, good at figuring things out, have a strong work ethic, enjoy solving problems and helping people, comfortable communicating with people, and interested in a job where what you do makes a difference and has long-term career potential, this is the opportunity for you!
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide world-class front-line support to the external customers / users of our hardware and software products.
- You’ll respond to email inquiries, answer inbound calls, and/or work on existing open cases
- Client inquiries are typically technical troubleshooting, assistance with using the products and services, and developing or explaining reports
- You will use a combination of technologies (web tools, phone, email, proprietary software, etc.) to communicate with clients, look up information, collaborate with peers, interact with other departments, etc.
Please note that this is NOT a typical Call Center job!
- Learn an interesting new industry which provides value to the community
- Learn about the breadth of our software, hardware, and mobile solutions
- Work in a collaborative, friendly, and supportive environment
- Have opportunity for growth, as the TSS role is the starting point for many other roles in the company
Experience and Skills
- The issues we handle are varied, and frequently complex (you will not be handling the same thing over and over all day)
- The role is salaried, not hourly, and comes with top notch benefits
- We encourage people who enter the company in this role to grow into other areas of the company
- Bachelor’s or technical degree required
- Technical support experience with as many of the following:
- Software or applications support
- Basic networking skills
- Experience with PC hardware, tablets, and peripherals
- CRM solution (we use Salesforce.com)
- Remote Assist Software (FastSupport.com)
- Telephony systems
- MS products (Outlook, Excel, and MS Word)
- Experience in a customer-facing and/or call center role is preferred
Characteristics of the successful candidate
Routematch by Uber Values
- Exceptionally tech savvy
- Comfortable with, and willing to, figure things out and know when to ask for help
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excels in an agile environment where there will always be something new and different
- Self-directed with strong follow through
- Strong customer-service orientation, exhibiting empathy, urgency, and a sincere desire to help
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional and credible demeanor
- Comfortable with, indeed excited by, the knowledge that performance will be measured and the metrics matter
Routematch envisions a world where communities actively champion the dignity of individuals and move them toward their aspirations. We are inspired by change, and by each other.
Our culture is rooted in core values of Empathy, Inclusivity, Outcomes, Excellence, and Family, and is encapsulated in our value statements:
- Empathy is the Highest form of knowledge.
- Inclusivity is a superpower.
- Outcomes matter most.
- What is worth doing is worth doing well.
- Family is everything.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uber is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.